Wheels To Work
WHEELS TO WORK is an affordable scooter loan scheme operated by Bridgend Community Transport on a not for profit basis. The scheme offers a transport solution for younger people who have secured a job offer, are at risk of losing their job, or can't access training or further education because public transport isn't available or doesn't run at the times required. The scheme offers increased independence and flexibility for scooter users, building confidence and freedom of movement which opens up more opportunities for the individual.
Scooters are loaned for a period of six months to and all charges include: Motorcycle training (CBT - Compulsory Basic Training); fully comprehensive scooter insurance; breakdown cover; servicing and maintenance for the scooter; protective clothing and equipment; and ongoing support from Bridgend Community Transport staff.
Candidates applying for a scooter loan will need to demonstrate they:
- Live or work in the County Borough of Bridgend (or wider South Wales Police catchment area).
- Are aged 17 - 25, although consideration may be given to worthy applicants outside this group.
- Possess a full or provisional driving licence (paper and photo card).
- Have a job / job offer, have been offered a place in further education, or an apprenticeship.
- Are unable to make their journey reasonably on foot, or by private or public transport.
- Have their own bank account (support can be offered with this).
- Have £140 to cover the set up costs and first week's hire.
This scheme is supported by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner South Wales.
To find out more about this please contact us.